Struggling with a long list of hypothyroid symptoms but told your thyroid is ‘NORMAL’?
Feeling frustrated, and totally fed up because you can’t get comprehensive thyroid testing?
If you are in Australia and you’ve been having a tough time getting tested properly let me tell you about a convenient, and cost effective way to get the testing you need.
How To Get Comprehensive Thyroid Testing in Australia
A company called i-screen, Australia now offer an Advanced Thyroid Check. You can order and pay online for this test on their website without a doctors referral.
i-screen Advanced Thyroid Check
The Advanced Thyroid Check costs $135. This test provides indepth screening of thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), free thyroxine (FT4), free triiodothyronine (FT3), and thyroid antibodies. It’s important to check thyroid antibodies as raised levels are used to diagnose an autoimmune thyroid disorder such as Hashimoto’s thyroiditis which is the leading cause of hypothyroidism in Australia.
i-screen Reverse T3 Check
You have the option to add the Reverse T3 Check for $85. The total for both tests is $220.00.
More About i-screen Testing Services
- Samples are analysed by Australia’s leading pathology laboratories who are accredited by the National Association Testing Authority (NATA).
- Testing services are used to complement, rather than replace care you would receive from your doctor or other allied health professional.
- Proper interpretation of thyroid function tests requires an understanding of thyroid physiology so it’s important to discuss your results with a doctor, or allied health professional who understands thyroid problems.
- There are no hidden costs, and the price on the i-screen website represents the total price for testing.
- No GST is applicable for services.
- This is a private testing service so it is not possible to claim a Medicare rebate.
How To Get An Advanced Thyroid Check in the USA
TrueHealthLabs.com is a service designed to provide direct access to the laboratory testing you need. The complete thyroid panel is the most popular. This test is the best if you have any thyroid health concerns, especially if your doctor said no to comprehensive thyroid testing, OR told you everything is normal after only running the standard TSH test.
Please note: This post contains affiliate links, to find out more about my affiliate policy please refer to my Terms of Service.