If You Are In Australia I’m Here To HELP YOU
Due to ongoing requests I am now offering one-to-one Skype consultations. This is a fantastic opportunity to get my advice, and guidance regarding your INDIVIDUAL hypothyroid health concerns.
Does this sound like you?
- You’re struggling with hypothyroid symptoms and need HELP.
- You’re frustrated that you’ve been told your thyroid is NORMAL but continue to suffer with a long list of hypothyroid symptoms.
- You want to properly investigate why you are experiencing thyroid burnout. I enjoy the challenge of unraveling complex hypothyroid issues so together we will put the pieces together to solve this puzzle.
- You’re not looking for a band-aid treatment approach. You want to get to the bottom of your health issues and treat the ROOT causes.
This is your call to action! Book your Naturopathic consultation today if you’re ready to take back control of your health…to start living the LIFE you are meant to.
– Louise O’Connor, The Thyroid Naturopath
How Can I Help YOU?
“Thank you so much for all your wonderful wisdom today…so much appreciated; I feel better already just having so much clarity and purpose.”
– Melanie. Gold Coast, Australia.Δ
+ I have a holistic and personalised treatment approach.
You will be treated and supported as an individual…I don’t use a one-size-fits all treatment approach.
+ I can help you get proper thyroid testing.
Feeling frustrated that your thyroid tests results are NORMAL but you continue to feel unwell? Comprehensive testing eliminates any guesswork and provides invaluable insights into WHY you don’t feel right.
+ I’ll explain what your lab results actually mean.
It’s true, interpreting thyroid test results is not easy…you need an experienced practitioner to help you interpret the numbers. I can help you. And once you understand your test results it will make such a difference…and provide answers as to WHY you are struggling with hypothyroidism.
+ We will discuss next steps to transforming your thyroid health.
Le’s work together to uncover the REAL reasons why you have a thyroid imbalance. From there we will plan an effective treatment strategy to help you get back to feeling well again.
4 Easy Steps to Book Your Naturopathic Consultation
Step 1. PAY FOR A 60 MINUTE CONSULTATION
I have setup the booking process to be easy and efficient. Your first step is to pay for a 60 minute Naturopathic consultation.
My professional fee for a 60 minute Naturopathic consultation is AU$130.00.
Once you pay for your first consultation you will be sent:
- a new client questionnaire.
- instructions on taking your basal body temperature.
If you do not have recent thyroid test results I will provide instructions on how to get comprehensive testing done. It’s very important that you have recent test results that we can review during your first consultation.
An in-depth discussion about your test results, along with information provided in your new client questionnaire, can provide invaluable insights and lets us plan the most appropriate treatment strategy.
NEW! Book a One Time Naturopathic Consultation To Discuss Your Thyroid Test Results
It’s possible to book and pay for a one time 60 minute Naturopathic consultation to discuss your thyroid blood test results. This is your opportunity to ask questions, and properly understand your results.
I can explain what each test results mean and most importantly how the results relate to your symptoms. You will also find I interpret your results using a narrower reference ranges. In my view, the standard reference ranges are too broad. What’s considered ‘normal’ is not OPTIMAL.
To book a one time Naturopathic consultation to discuss your test results please book and pay for a 60 minute Naturopathic consultation. When I contact you please let me know this is what you booked.
Ready to Get Started?
I’m here to help you take back control of your thyroid health.
Order your 60 minute Naturopathic consultation today.
Step 2. COMPLETE YOUR NEW CLIENT QUESTIONNAIRE + TAKE YOUR BASAL BODY TEMPERATURE
To ensure you get the most from your first consultation please take some time to provide as much information as possible in the new client questionnaire. Once you have completed your questionnaire please email it back along with copies of your most recent blood tests.
Your basal body temperature testing results are also useful. Please measure your basal temperature readings over five mornings and report back in your new client questionnaire.
Step 3. GET COMPREHENSIVE THYROID TESTING
Ideally you will have your comprehensive thyroid test results ready to discuss during your first consultation. We can then have an in-depth discussion about your test results, and most importantly I will explain how the results relate to your symptoms.
There are two ways to get comprehensive testing.
- If your medical practitioner is willing to do more than the standard TSH test please discuss getting a complete thyroid panel. This will include thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), free T4 (FT4), free T3 (FT3), reverse T3 (RT3), and your thyroid antibodies which includes thyroid peroxidase Abs (TPO Ab) and antithyroglobulin Abs (ATG Ab).
- I can partner with you to get your thyroid properly tested. I use i-screen, Australia. Their Advanced Thyroid Check evaluates thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), free T4 (FT4), free T3 (FT3), and screens for evidence of possible autoimmune activity. I also recommend getting the Reverse T3 Check which costs AU$85. As a guide the cost for these two tests is AUD$220. Check the i-screen website for pricing as they sometimes run promotions and offer discounted fees.
Step 4. SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT TIME
You are all set to schedule a time for your first consultation! You have your completed your new client questionnaire, you have taken your basal body temperature, and have your thyroid test results and other relevant test results ready to send me.
I’m currently accepting appointments on Saturday’s from 9am to 5pm. If you are not able to schedule an appointment on a Saturday please let me know. We should be able to make a time on another day.
Are You Ready To Recover Your Health + Vitality?
Book Your Naturopathic Consultation Today!
Frequently Asked Questions
Click on a question and the answer will appear below it.
This is my professional fee schedule:
First Naturopathic consultation (1 hour) – $130.00
Second consultation (45 minutes) – $120.00
Follow up consultation (30 minutes) – $90.00
Follow up consultation (20 minutes) – $60.00
Follow up consultation (15 minutes) – $45.00
Your first consultation takes 1 hour. It’s recommended that you book a 45 minute consultation for your second appointment.
Get the thyroid help you need! Your first Naturopathic consultation takes 1 hour as we need to have in-depth discussion about your health.
We will discuss your thyroid test results and how they relate to your current thyroid health issues. We will also explore your health history, family history of thyroid disorders, and the diet, lifestyle, and the environmental factors that are impacting on your health.
Yes. If your doctor is willing to do more than the standard TSH test please discuss getting the following tests done.
Thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), free T4 (FT4), free T3 (FT3), reverse T3 (RT3), T3/RT3 ratio, and your thyroid antibodies which includes thyroid peroxidase Abs (TPO Ab) and antithyroglobulin Abs (ATG Ab).
Comprehensive thyroid testing can assess thyroid function, peripheral thyroid hormone activity, and screens you for Hashimoto’s which is a very common autoimmune thyroid disorder.
The current Medicare schedule encourages Australian general practitioners to do a single preliminary test of TSH. However, it’s necessary to get more than TSH tested if you want to assess overall thyroid function.
Some of the thyroid tests listed here may be eligible for a Medicare rebate. The exception is always the ‘reverse T3’ test. It’s not covered by Medicare so you will be required to pay for this specialised thyroid test. As a guide it currently costs $90.
No matter where you live in Australia if you can get to a pathology collection centre I can partner with you to get your thyroid properly tested.
I use NutriPATH Integrative Pathology, Melbourne. Their comprehensive thyroid panel evaluates thyroid stimulating hormone (TSH), free T4 (FT4), free T3 (FT3), reverse T3 (RT3), T3/RT3 ratio, and thyroid antibodies including thyroid peroxidase Abs (TPO Ab) and antithyroglobulin Abs (ATG Ab).
You can read more about comprehensive thyroid function testing here.
As a guide the comprehensive thyroid panel currently costs $175 + collection fee. It usually takes up to 10 days to get your thyroid test results back from NutriPATH Integrative Pathology.
Please note as a Naturopath any pathology testing that I authorise is not eligible for a Medicare rebate. You will be required to pay for all the tests.
The actual blood draw is done at your local pathology collection centre. The pathology company then sends your blood sample to NutriPATH for testing. You need a signed pathology referral form to get this thyroid panel done. The pathology collection centre will not do a blood draw if you do not have a signed request form with the appropriate test code. I will mail this to you.
Yes, if you wish to test your iodine levels I offer iodine testing through NutriPATH Integrative Pathology. The random urinary spot iodine test costs $60 + collection fee. This iodine test can be done at home once you have received the collection kit. Please contact me if you have questions about getting your iodine tested.
My focus is thyroid health and I only accept bookings from those who are seeking help for thyroid health issues.
I am now accepting Naturopathic consultations Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm. Saturdays appointments are available by arrangement.
I am a registered Naturopath with the Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS). Please check with your private health insurer regarding rebates for Naturopathic consultations done via Skype. Unfortunately most health funds do not cover phone or Skype consultations.
No. I do not add any additional fees. The quoted price here is what NutriPATH Integrative Pathology is currently charging for their tests. They charge a set amount for their tests plus a small admin fee for each visit made to a collection centre. You will be required to pay NutriPATH Integrative Pathology directly using your credit card. They will only release the results once your account has been paid.
After your first consultation I recommend you book and pay for a 45 minute follow up Naturopathic consultation within 2-4 weeks. During the second consultation you will receive a comprehensive treatment plan that will address the underlying reasons you have a thyroid disorder.
If you are already under the care of a healthcare practitioner a follow up consultation may not be necessary. I will explain your test results during your first consultation, and make some recommendations that can be discussed with your healthcare practitioner.
I don’t mind if people come to me for comprehensive testing and then take the results back to their doctor, or allied healthcare professional.
Your second consultation normally takes 45 minutes. Please use the order button below to book your follow up consultation. Once your order is received I will email you to schedule a suitable time. My professional fee for a 45 minute consultation is AU$120.00.
Please use the order button below to book your 30 minute consultation. Once your order is received I will email you to schedule a suitable time. My professional fee for a 30 minute Naturopathic consultation is AU$90.00.
Please use the order button below to book your 20 minute consultation. Once your order is received I will email you to schedule a suitable time. My professional fee for a 20 minute Naturopathic consultation is AU$60.00.
Please use the order button below to book your 15 minute consultation. Once your order is received I will email you to schedule a suitable time. My professional fee for a 15 minute Naturopathic consultation is AU$45.00.
Important to note:
- Unexpected events are a fact of life. If you need to change your booking, please notify me as soon as possible. This allows someone else to take your allocated time slot. I’m happy for you to cancel, or reschedule your consultation up to 12 hours prior.
- I am a registered Naturopath with the Australian Traditional Medicine Society (ATMS). For professional reasons I only offer consultations in Australia.
- Private health insurers recently changed their guidelines on rebates for Naturopathic consultations. It’s very likely your insurer does not cover consultations performed via phone or Skype. Please check with your insurer about claiming a rebate. In addition, Naturopathic consultations are not covered by Medicare.
- Pathology tests authorised by Naturopaths are not eligible for a Medicare rebate. You will be required to pay for all the tests that I authorize for you.
- Prescribed Naturopathic medicines are not included in the consultation fee.
- Dietary guidance, nutritional supplements and other helpful resources are usually suggested to help you get the best treatment. We discuss these options during the consultation and I encourage you to be actively involved in your individual treatment strategy.
- If you are already under the care of a healthcare practitioner, including other Naturopaths I am happy to work with them.
- To get started with a Skype consultation you will need a Skype account. Find out more about downloading this software for your computer, phone, or tablet here. In order for our consultation to run smoothly it’s important that you have a reliable internet connection. If you do happen to encounter any connection problems I will call you to complete your consultation over the phone.